Friday 29 April 2011

The Royal Wedding ♔

So yesterday, as I'm sure you don't need telling, it was the royal wedding... and what a good day of Britishness it was :D Well I thought so anyway... Lots of fun and people enjoying themselves, giving the country something to :) about!



There was no talk of money misery or political pain yesterday, just lots of festivity and Briton's doing what we do best... having a party! And it has been lovely seeing my local highstreet lined with Union Jack's in the weeks leading up to the event. Despite getting the day off I got up at my usual time, which I'm pleased I did because on the Radio they had a great little 'Royal Wedding Disco' hour, which had many classic party tunes to get in the mood 

Then of course it was the wedding, and me being patriotic me thought there were some wonderful moments, and some funny ones too... the guy cartwheeling through Westminster Abbey, the policeman motivating the crowd, and the newly-weds driving along the mall in the vintage Aston Martin, complete with 'L' plates just like any other couple in country would... a nice mix of royal tradition with normal tradition, if you get me :P But the Royal family needs a bit of modernising, as lots of people were saying, and that has now happened! One thing that could have improved the day would have been if the flyover was by the Concorde and Red Arrows!

Almost 20 million people watched on the BBC, but their presenter Huw Edwards was boring me, so I was one of mere 5 million watching on ITV :S However it was amusing when their main news reader Mark Austin, who usually sits behind a desk every evening, found himself being swallowed up by the vast crowd and there were jokes about him coming into contact with real people... he was obviously not used to the situation :D

Twitter went crazy yesterday! The parody accounts of Royal family members provided funny commentry of the whole occassion, especially @Queen_UK :D There was lots of banter about the "Best man/Bride of honour tradition" ;) ...but I'm sure the younger members of the royal family all had fun partying and getting drunk last night... that's a strange image isn't it?! lol

Here are some funny, royal-wedding related media - firstly this hilarious clip from 10 O'Clock Live (from what you've read above, obviously I ignored what they say about BBC/ITV, but that does not make me peverse!) - and then these...





Well there you go... that filled the gap between Doctor Who and Britain's Got Talent (which I have to say, is much fresher and a lot better without Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan) nicely :P Anyway, one will leave you in peace now ;)

Joe xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your views on this post in the comments section below!