Friday 11 March 2011

You CAN teach an old dog new tricks

I was going to blog earlier this week but since my interview I have been absolutely shattered! I don't remember being so tired. Ever :S I went to bed at 9 and had to convince my mum I wasn't ill, just tired! But here I am with Charlie (our dog) waiting for fish and chips to arrive. The old lady that had him before us couldn't play with him because of her age, so he has no idea what to do when presented with a toy :/ However, slowly but surely he is learning new things! For example, we have taught him to hold out his paw when told so (which may not sound like much, but before he just didnt do anything apart from 'sit' lol, and its such a fun little trick to do!) ...and also, when I was at the door the other day, he went to go and get someone to let me in when only he heard my knock :D I do now though have dog hair all over my bed :/

Anyway... the week is now over! I survived ;) I had a pleasant day in Canterbury on Tuesday. I haven't been there in years :O but now I have remembered I like it there, so want to go more often :) The interview went alright, but there's only 6 places so I'm not very hopeful for this course :/ I met a group of very nice people, but the way the interview times worked out meant I spent most of the afternoon with Thompson from London and Chloe from Maidstone. We thought that Thompson was a bit weird:

1) He didn't own a phone so had borrowed a friends for the day, and he asked me to help him turn it on! 2) he liked taking lots of pictures - of the nice water feature ok, but the waiting room ceiling? 3) someone called him and he started having a totally random conversation about groceries... 4) he was fascinateed about the structure of my a level geography course and would not stop asking questions! 5) despite me knowing the way to the bus station, he insisted on using google street view on the phone to check the phone's directions matched up with mine! But anyway, how good was that? Only meeting a few hours previously, but the three of us waiting after the interviews to go to the bus station together as if we'd been friends for years! :D

Anyhow, I plan to blog tomorrow so come back! Joe xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your views on this post in the comments section below!